When you come for your appointments, please bring the following:
- Referral letter from General Practitioner (GP), Optometrist or Medical Specialists. Please note GP or Optometrist referrals are valid for 12 months and Medical Specialists are valid for 3 months.
- Eyeglasses you are currently using for reading or distance (if any)
- List of current medications
- Medicare card, DVA card, pension card
- Private Hospital Insurance information if you are booked for treatment
- Reports, X-rays, MRI's, CT scans etc. and any other relevant information
Please instil your regular eye drops as usual on the day of your appointment.
An appointment can take 20 minutes or longer depending on your condition and the tests being performed.
Drops may be used to dilate the eyes. This will temporarily increase your sensitivity to light and affect your vision. You are advised to bring sunglasses and not to drive yourself back after the appointment. The time it takes for the drops to wear off can vary, but it generally takes about 2-4 hours.